Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Song on Gomathi devi-Sankaran kovil

I went to sankarankoil during the time of aditapasu with my guru. His uncle is the sivachariar in the temple. He made me to sit in the chariot of gomathidevi itself and I viewed happily the whole event. Like shows in cinema theatre (Sorry for my cheap comparison), the dapas too has two shows. One around night 9:30 or 10:00 where swami comes as sankaranarayana and next show in midnight where swami comes as sankara alone. I saw very very near all the happenings during that function and I consider this as my luck. Afterwhile when thinking of her penance, I wrote this song.

"Indra" is my mudra, which I use in most of my songs.


As I said already I dont know much about ragas and all. This song can be sing like "EEN PALLI KONDEERAYYA- SHRI RANGANATHA".



ஏன் இந்த தவக்கோலம் அம்மா - ஸ்ரீ கோமதி நாயகி (ஏன்)

கந்தன் தொல்லை பொருத்துக்கொண்டிருக்கவோ
கணபதியின் கவலை தீர்த்துக்கொண்டிருக்கவோ
எங்கும் நிறைந்த ஈசன் அருளைப்பெற்றிருக்கவோ (ஏன்)

சண்ட வதம் செய்த கோபம் தணிக்கவோ
மகிஷனை வதம் செய்த பாபம் தொலைக்கவோ
தக்ஷன் ஈசனைச்சொன்ன கடுஞ்சொல் மறந்திடவோ (ஏன்)

அரனாம்சிவனாரிட பாகமதைப்பெற்றிடவோ
கரத்தாலரக்கனவன் சிரத்தையும் கொய்திடவோ
சுரபதி இந்த்ரனுக்குன் அருளை பொழிந்திடவோ (ஏன்)

No comments:

Post a Comment